This is an overall general preview of the 2018 conference agenda, curriculum and program, with inspiring Governance, Risk Management, Compliance and IT-Security (GRC) topics and issues during the plenum, parallel, workshop and breakout -sessions, at the 12th annual European GRC Summit in April 2018.
The annual GRC conferences are known for attendee participation, live, and productive debate and knowledge sharing. During the sessions, we will conduct a series of surveys with interactive voting for table discussions on the results.
The 12th annual European GRC Summit in the April 2018 are known for an abundance of expert speakers, attendee dialogue and participation, productive debate and knowledge sharing. During the sessions, we will conduct a series of surveys with interactive voting on some IT Security issues for table discussions on the spontaneous results
The two-day conference attracts the participation of governance, compliance, risk, audit, IT and legal executives from corporations around Europe Besides plenum and keynote speakers; we have concurrent panel discussions, workshops, parallel sessions and presentations that deliver high-quality IT Security content to suit all trades
At the conference 15 + speakers will put their expertise on display and offer analysis, views and predictions on what might lie ahead for the enforcement and regulatory climate related to governance, risk management, compliance and IT security officers and their teams
3 MINUTE VIEWS ON GRC & IT SECURITY ISSUES (in-between keynote speech)
Lack of access to information
- How to avoid that each GRC activity, function or group performs its own activity in a silo
Low levels of IT and Data engagement between leadership and employees
- The +4 billion cell phones prove that information networks exists from Indiana to India
- How to use the explosion of information with the demand quick access to relevant content that cuts through the clutter.
- It's the bottom line, and the stock price. Strike the balance between profitability and doing everything together to get the company moving
Global IT-Security Issues
INTERCONNECT IT-GRC AND TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMS
ASSESSING VULNERABILITIES IN CONNECTED DEVICES IN THE INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT)
- What are the major technology changes that affect business processes, oversight and disclosures
- How can communication in and out of the workplace ultimately distortion the message to stakeholders
- How to tailor the communications and training program; where and how employees 'including tech-savvy millennials' want to know and learn.
LEARNING THE LESSONS OF DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- Performing penetration tests against IoT connected devices to identify vulnerabilities and lower IT risks
- How digital transformation and IoT has affected IT risk management
- Identifying Indications of Compromise (IOCs) in IoT.
THE CYBERSECURITY CHALLENGE
- How to align stakeholders in digital platforms that allow involvement to produce digital value, from co-creation of content, activities, ideas, to the management, governance, and gardening of the digital ecosystem.
- What are the traditional ways of achieving organisational objectives to designing the digital transformation?
- How is the IT and digital transformation platformed and decentralised for scale, agility and innovation?
UPDATING THE IT AND CYBER POLICIES ON RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- How to operationalise the vague regulatory guidelines
- Which breaches and instances must be disclosed to the board or senior management?
- How do you stay aware and maintain policies in an area, which changes constantly?
- What is the optimal investment strategy in knowledge, technology and the latest developments?
UPDATING DATA SECURITY, DATA BREACHES AND SECURITY ALERTS
- Changing circumstances - the developing IT threat scenario
- Different approaches towards planning, prioritisation and managing Cybersecurity activities.
- Is your Cyber security strategy sufficient?
- What are the proper corporate response to the complex IT and cyber security threats
A COMPLETE REVIEW OF UPDATED CONTROLS, USER ACCESS, SEPARATION OF SYSTEM INFRASTRUCTURE, LIMITS AND RESTRICTIONS AND PROACTIVE SYSTEM MONITORING
- How to ensure that adequate data security controls for crucial customer and business information are always protected.
- How to configure IT Risk-management programs with operating environments, multi-factor authentication for flexible controls and solutions.
- How to safeguard against the risks associated with groups that are either employed, associated or business partners that have access to data and systems.
DEVELOPING A STATE OF THE ART IT AND DATA MONITORING PROGRAM UNITES DATA ANALYTICS IN THE GRC PROGRAM
- How to monitor periodic risk assessments of information security programs.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) - THE IMPACT ON BUSINESS AND WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING NOW?
- What are the advantages of cloud, big data and Internet of things, allows you to take the data you collect from multiple sources, functions, and processes to monitor non-compliance, discrepancies, and red flags.
- How to use the data analytics to create an aggregated report for management and internal audit to achieve results in a graphic format that is understood by all.
A CHANGING LANDSCAPE FOR THE AUDIT COMMITTEES - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The 'Fast Track' on GDPR– covering new concepts such as data portability, data protection by design and default and the one-stop shop mechanism to comply
- What are the derogations, myths and truths in the GDPR as they apply to the UK
- The ten practical steps that Data Officers should consider doing to comply by May 2018.
- Trust and integrity in corporate reporting - What is the role of the audit committee?
- More than just an accounting change - Are you prepared?
Boost your knowledge and address the GDPR challenges at the workshop
Our deep-dive workshops will improve, refine and sharpen your hands-on capabilities on the data you need to address the GDPR challenges. You can participate in the 12th annual GRC and IT Security Summit or register for the GDPR Bootcamp separately.
This workshop will provide the techniques for implementing or updating the compliance program to fit your organisation. The primary components of the workshop are:
- IT Security and Data Breach
- How can we prevent abuse or misuse of personal data
- How do we address violations
- What are the remedies that we use to correct the faults and errors?
- Privacy by Design: Understanding the Mandates and The Practical Dimensions
- What are the legal basis of IT and cyber security compliance in the organisation
- How to ensure consistent consent from data subjects to secondary processing
- The review of the audit process for implementing change in processing personal data?
- Data Privacy Impact Assessments: The Full Picture
- How should regularly reviews of the data and process (regular data flow mapping, audits, risk assessments and reviews) to ensure the legal basis has not changed
- How is the personal information is collected and used?
- Do we use data exactly for the purpose it was collected
- Top Operational Responses to GDPR: What To Do and When
- We walk through a couple of step-by-step experiences.
The realities of data breach notification and responses require exceptional in-house communication (with information on what to do before, during, and after an incident occurs) to prepare the organisation for a violation, handle tricky multi jurisdictional legal notices.
Therefore, if you are uncertain that your team is ready for the biggest European data protection reform in 20 years, this workshop will help you prepare. The two experts together with an IT Security manager offer a practical, hands-on view of the essential assessment of the GDPR with knowledge about key concepts, scope of application, individual rights, core principles, compliance in practice, accountability, data protection impact assessments and more.
Bootcamp moderators; Alan Calder, CEO IT Governance and Kersi Porbunderwalla Secretary general Copenhagen Compliance UK Ltd.
- The immediate actions to take when presented with a potential data breach
- How to handle cyber security and lower the risks and exposure to IT and data breaches
- Regulatory Developments; Info security, Trans-Border Data Flow,
- Learn practical techniques for implementation of a privacy program fitting your organisation
- Learn from two industry veterans who will help highlight the differences between the new regulation and earlier directives